Saturday, May 28, 2011

ARt ARchives

With work at a standstill, I thought I'd indulge in a bit of blogging this afternoon. This week was relatively uneventful as I got entirely settled into my job and experienced the usual daily moments of creative insight. It is when artistic inspiration does not come to me for two days in a row that I know I am not having a good week. Since Graduation, life has been uncomplicated and my mind has cleared. The quiet reminds me of a certain familiar poetic rhythm. Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence (Desiderata, Max Ehrmann 1952). I've enjoyed the inner calm. I'll count this week as a good one. 
What's next?

The painting for my roommate's mom is complete! Here is the final look. I am especially happy with the way the smalls in the film reel turned out. Maybe some close-up pictures of those later this week. I absolutely loved taking my time on this painting, but the best part was seeing the look on Emily's mom's face when she saw it!

No comments:

Post a Comment