Sunday, October 23, 2011

Black & Gold

A few weeks ago, I was having a black & gold moment. First, I switched the laces in this very silly pair of oxfords. They have so much more character now. Below, you can see a poster I kept finding and loving on my google reader and pinterest. I had to no choice but emulate the design. In my Non, je ne regrette rien I added some texture using diagonal brushstrokes and a key I've been saving for a deserving project. The composition and words seemed to perfectly compliment the key.  Altogether creating this piece took me a little more than one hour to complete. What a refreshing break from my normal projects! Please visit the wonderful etsy site and purchase a poster if you are as in love with it as I am! I also love the tiny bookish hearts. Be sure to take a look at those as well. 


After the shoelace change

Original Poster version
Click the link for the wonderful song that inspired the poster. If you are wondering where you have heard the song, I believe the makers of Inception are the most recent users of Edith Piaf's rendition.

My version

On another note, I finally finished Dan's boards! Entitled Imaginarium Triptych, these three boards were inspired by the movie The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I finished the building in less than a week but have been reworking the balloons ever since. After two years, I am finally entirely happy with it! 

Imaginarium Triptych, complete

No comments:

Post a Comment