Saturday, May 21, 2011

The beginning of something great

The lovely ornamental light hanging on my porch

As I sat there last night listening to Ella Fitzgerald and going through the "inspiration" pictures I have saved on my desktop, I began to accept the fact that all of the ideas I've had floating around in my head for the past year must come out. As some of my friends and acquaintances may know the notions that come out of me are nearly never linearly organized. I wish I was a flow-chart girl but thats simply not the case. My brain generating ideas is more like an explosion of a very large and colorful firework. Something sparks my interest, I pause in anticipation and then the idea emerges shooting colorful light in every imaginable direction. These gajillion great ideas I've had filed away for some time must be shared. I just graduated last week, so I now have the time to do something with them! I hope you enjoy the blog. 


First, some things I'm currently working on: 


1. Figuring out how to use my new camera
Its got some great features, but I don't know how to work all of them yet! 

2. Finishing this painting for my roommate. Its for her mom's birthday!
Very much an 'Ode to Athens' 


3. Keeping a sketchbook again. I'm ending my one year sketching hiatus.
Its 11 x 14!



4. Finishing the two balloons on the far right. Poor Dan, I keep taking his gift back to 'fix it.'

One of my all time favorite projects. It must be perfect!

5. Doing something with this window one of my Dearing St. neighbors kindly gave me. 
OH! The possibilities of this window! 



No comments:

Post a Comment