Saturday, May 21, 2011

Flavorites: Dinner when the boyfriend-chef is away


I mostly never cook unsupervised because it nearly always ends in disaster. Instead, I like to eat bits and pieces of things found in the fridge. I'm a big fan of leftovers. Tonight I was in for a treat because the leftovers were particularly scrumptious. Check it out: 

I like when my plate is colorful

Heres the breakdown of the meal (clockwise from top): a cup of vanilla chai with milk, a piece of brie, strawberries blackberries and blueberries, curry flavored cashews, Tartufo Salami (made by Cerminelli) and toast with strawberry preserves spread. 

Didn't do too bad after all and I didn't have to cook one single thing! Check out the link above to read a bit about the salami. Its made with bits of black truffle. :) If that doesn't spark your interest I don't know what will!

No comments:

Post a Comment