Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Some Cairns

River Cairns
Continuing from my last post, here are some more examples of recent photos I have taken. Dan, Roommate Emily and I decided to plan a hiking excursion for July 4rth. Everyone had the day off from school and work. Our hike began just like any normal hike would. The trail was moist from a recent rain, but altogether walkable. Almost immediately we stumbled upon these entirely enchanting stacks of rocks. I was mesmerized and snapped 20+ photos. I was soo glad I brought my camera to capture this. 

Magnolia Bloom

 
Land Cairns
River Cairns

Little did we know, a storm was brewing above our heads. If we had been smart, one of us would have checked the weather before we set out. But, by the time we were on the trail we realized that we were totally S.O.L. Halfway to the turn around point it began raining (you can see the water droplets on the Magnolia bloom in the second picture). Fifteen minutes later it was pouring and it wasn't the delightful kind of pouring. Large, cold droplets fell with a vengeance from above. After a find cover and wait period, then a soggy speed walk back, we reached the trail head and freezing, loaded into the car. Once Hampton (Em's dog) was toweled off, he curled up into a ball in the back seat and we all agreed. We were glad to be out of the cold rain, dry and on the way home. Everyone was a little dirty and a lot wet but we all survived. Fortunately for me, my camera survived unharmed and I am able to share the products of our atypical July 4rth adventure. I hope you enjoy. 

Can't take credit for this snail pic, it was taken by Dan!

River Cairns

No comments:

Post a Comment