Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Feeling Booky

Feeling Sketchbooky

When I have an off day sometimes it helps to see the day through a different lens. After utilizing most of my 'make myself feel better' tactics, I turned to my sketchbook to channel some pent up energy. Today it helped to collage my way into a better mood. Once I stepped back and peered at the camera capture, I was quite pleased with my result. I sighed deeply. A couple of warm and beautiful pages for my new sketchbook. Sometimes it takes a lens and a blank book to remind me of the simple pleasures in life. 

In this the quote reads:
Here the shade and sun love me equally.
I fill a palm with green cardamom 
I bend toward a heap of tea leaves 
crushing tangible memories between 
my fingers releasing a rush of recollection 
rich as living always mine always mine. 

Those words seemed so appropriate for me today. Maybe they will speak to you too. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment